Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reality Bites

Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled to be close to the gulf coast again and closer to family. But, moving is stressful, physically and emotionally exhausting, and the reality of it all (changing addresses, forwarding mail, taking care of bills, finding a new home/selling your old home) just stinks.


And, to top it all off, it is FINALLY hitting home for me! My house is packed up, the movers come tomorrow, and I was doing SO good about moving and uprooting our lives until my awesome neighbor (who has baby-sat Coraline since she was only 2 months old) came over with a beautiful, card (with pictures of her family with Coral and it played her voice singing to Coral) and she and I just cried. It was so simple and sincere a gesture of love and kindness from someone we had only known briefly that it broke my heart. It's bittersweet to realize too late that you are so blessed by the people right in front of you.

3 comments:

  1. You will be sorely missed here in Colorado. May you and your family have the best of luck in beginning a new chapter in your life. We better see pictures of the little gal (and you guys...I guess...) and get updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get to see you guys! A weekend trip to Houston (once you get settled, obviously) sounds like a great weekend for me and Morgan!

    Alternatively, if you're super-stressed by packing and need to get away - you are, of course, always welcome to pop up to Dallas. It's a pretty cool town once you get to know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weekend trips to Dallas sound AMAZING! I will certainly take you up on that. We hope to have our closing date in the middle of October. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete