Thursday, May 14, 2009

Weird little changes

I can tell that my perspectives are changing gradually. Granted, part of this is due to the wonderful part of pregnancy that involves huge doses of hormones being pumped in larger- than- normal volumes throughout your body.

But, let's face it newborns look strange. They just look weird. And, to top it off I could never stand the idea of watching a birth video. It completely freaked me out. Yet, lately I've found myself intensely engaged in watching numerous online videos on Babycenter.com on c-sections, and water births, and inductions, and newborn after-birth medical care. It didn't matter how gorey it was, I was completely fixated on that little squirming, wailing baby as it came into the world. I would cry right along with the mother in the video and think, "What an incredible moment," "What a beautiful baby" even though it's covered in guck. Strange, how mother nature can change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment