Monday, January 24, 2011

Flamingo Jockeys Unite!

Just Chillin'
I actually got to be a flamingo jockey for Randall Kent (my husband's uncle) of Stagecraft, Inc., during the Houston Halloween Show and Expo.  It was hilarious. I had a blast. Yes, I'm a ham. I admit this fact. I have embraced my inner-goober and was allowed to 'ride' a flamingo throughout the George R. Brown Convention Center. I haven't had this much fun in awhile. I met (and got pictures with) at least one celebrity, Bridget Marquardt of the TV series "The Girls Next Door" (pictures to follow soon). There were models everywhere running around in skimpy Halloween costumes or nothing at all (well, they were in full body paint but that's it).  There were raffles, prizes, elaborate costumes, acrobatic performances in mid-air (suspended from the ceiling of the expo), stilt-walkers, fashion shows, bands, open bars. It was Halloween on speed! It was a little overwhelming.

The Gang 
(Back left to right: Darcy and Kris Szecsy,
Middle left to right: Chris and me,
Far right: Uncle Randy)

No comments:

Post a Comment