Wednesday, September 9, 2009

36 weeks and going strong

With only 4 more weeks (or possibly less) we're in the home-stretch. We've accumulated every baby necessity we can think of and are preparing to 'finally' take our childbirth prep classes. Yes, we know, it's a bit late to be taking classes when we're so close to delivering but with Chris's crazy schedule this was the best we could do. We just had to hope for the best and it seems that the odds are in our favor. The Doc checked the baby and gave us the 'all-clear'. She's healthy, head-down and in the right position. We even got to see a quick ultrasound of her, which was thrilling because I haven't seen her since we were 20 weeks (May). She was looking around in her little confined space and practicing sucking. I don't believe I've 'dropped' yet but I've been having increasing Braxton-hicks contractions. They're still not painful, rhythmic and frequent. They're just uncomfortable and annoying. The Doc also said that my cervix was closed still and that it was 50% effaced. He also said that if he were a betting man he'd bet that I'd at least make it to my next appointment in two weeks (38 weeks). That's good. She'll be a good, healthy full-term baby by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment