Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Final Countdown!

We just had our 38 week prenatal visit and the verdict is.... (drumroll) we've dilated 1-2 cm and are progressing through what is called, 'latent labor' which means the earliest phase of labor which can take anywhere from mere hours to days or even weeks before reaching 4cm in dilation and consistent, rhythmic contractions which is when we head to the birthing center. Aargh! So yes, we're progressing but it feels like forever. I've definitely been feeling the contractions (of course, a milder version). I've had to take two sick days from work as I dealt with the cramping, backaches and exhaustion. Today was a better day. I actually got 5 hours of sleep last night...the most in weeks! YAY! So, after the doctor's appointment I headed to work to get some hours in and take my mind off of baby business for a bit. Thankfully, the exhaustion isn't as bad today but the cramping and backaches have been continual all day long. Unfortunately, they're just not getting their act together and becoming consistent. Wish us luck. It could be anyday now!

No comments:

Post a Comment