Monday, April 13, 2009

First Trip

So, this past Easter Weekend was our first official vacation with the 'seamonkey' in tow. I was the matron of honor in a friend's wedding on Quintana Beach (just west of Galveston). I've been dreading this trip for quite some time. Not because of my responsibilities in the wedding (which was absolutely beautiful and one of the most casual weddings I've attended) but because I've been afraid of how I would do on an airplane on the tail end of the first trimester. I had heard the horror stories of how motion sickness is exacerabated by pregnancy and had felt my fair share of it every time I've taken the bus to work. Now, instead of a short jaunt by car or bus - which I could quickly get off and get some fresh air and solid ground under my feet- I would be soaring above the clouds for over 2 hours in cramped quarters. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous.

To my delight (and Chris's relief), I did just fine. I think I managed better on the plane than I do in the car when Chris is driving. We had a wonderful time and my growing baby belly got quite alot of attention. We received many congratulations from old college friends and our close friends, Kuda and Darcy even gave us a perfect baby gift... a Texas A&M Pacifier. Gig em' Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment