Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mythbusters: 2nd Trimester Edition

I've heard that the 2nd trimester is the easiest and so far this is true. However, some of my worst nights so far have been within the last week. Whoever said you'll get more sleep in the 2nd trimester was clearly lying. I've had less sleep due to the terrible heartburn that won't go away so I end up sleeping while sitting up. Between the heartburn, the aches in my hips and sides from sleeping on my sides more often, and worst of all, horrible leg cramps, I've had some pretty miserable nights. I haven't had a Charlie Horse that bad in years. In fact, my right calf is still sore. owwweeee!

2 comments:

  1. HEY! I actually have an answer for part of this!

    Although for some reason most doctors will tell you there's nothing you can do about the cramps, my midwife recommended something that worked like a charm and has for everyone I've recommended it to:

    Get yourself a calcium-magnesium supplement and take it! It has to have both, and there's only like one brand that actually has both, but, trust me, it's worth it!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the heartburn Zantac 75 (Ranitidine 75 mg)worked wonders for me. Take one an hour before bed and you should be good. Before I took these I would wake up chocking on stomach acid (gross).

    ReplyDelete