Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby Dreams

It may be a bad idea to talk about a dream that, in reality, may have a completely different ending but I just had to share this.

I dreamt that I was delivering in the delivery center nearby. After the last push, the doctor took the baby and handed it to the nurse who quickly took it away to be cleaned and dressed. Everyone was busy running around or cleaning up. No one was saying anything to me. Chris stood by smiling, trying to comfort me while I frantically began to wonder is it a boy? A girl? Is there something wrong? After what seemed like hours, the nurse came back in with this tiny bundle in her arms and said, "here's your baby."

It wasn't till I was holding this tiny thing (more like a ragdoll than a baby) that I noticed the tiny pink cap and tiny pink blanket.

How ironic it would be if I had a boy instead.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - trust those instincts - from about 12 weeks I was conviced I had a boy, so even though we didn't get the ultrasound done, I was not surprised when they handed me Morgan and Adam said it was a boy.

    Also - tell the nurses to give you the baby right away! You and I will have to talk more and I can tell you my whole birth story, but I highly recommend fighting some of the "norms" of the modern medical system and holding your baby as soon as he/she is born - to say it is magical is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will definitely have to talk since I've been wondering what my rights are within the restrictions of what a birthing center can do or provide.

    ReplyDelete